1. At about the same time, perhaps a few minutes earlier, as I posted my first post at Is Something Wrong at WordPress? I received a long-awaited reply from a “Happiness Engineer” at WordPress. It reads:
In order to regain access to your WordPress.com account, we’ll need one of the following things:
– The activation URL we emailed you when you signed up for WordPress.com:
– A PayPal transaction ID for any upgrades purchased on the account:
We cannot provide the email address that any WordPress.com account is registered to for security reasons, but if you remember it and still have access to it you can reset your password here:
If you are unable to regain access to the account and it contains personal information, we may set the site to private at your request so that it can no longer be viewed.
You are always welcome to create a new WordPress.com account by signing up here:
Please let us know if you have any other questions.
(I blanked out the name of the “Happiness Engineer.”)
2. That was some 23 hours ago. Since then I have sent three additional messages; in the first one, sent 25 minutes after I received the reply, I provided the requested PayPal transaction ID. But I have not heard (or read) a peep from anyone at WordPress. So I said in my last missive, sent over a hour ago:
In your last note to me you said, “In order to regain access to your WordPress.com account, we’ll need one of the following things:.”
One of them was: – A PayPal transaction ID for any upgrades purchased on the account:.
I sent that to you, but have not heard back. Is there a next step that I should be taking?
3. I believe I should have at least received an acknowledgement.